Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hey Look... A New Posting!!!!

Yes, you are right, it's a brand new posting!!! Wow, I can’t believe it’s been so long. Yes I can. I kept putting it off and off and off. A week goes by, then another week goes by and on and on. I guess I have to apologize yet again for slowly updating our family blog.

There's a lot that has happened, so I’ll group the last couple of weeks as early summer 2010. We’ve been getting a lot of rain/thunderstorms. The girls don’t notice the thunder at all which is great. Then most of you know Jackson. Yeah, poor guy thinks the world is coming to an end every time it thunderstorms. The sedative that we give him has been working better. If we give it to him 2 hours before the storm hits, we’re usually pretty good.

Jackson’s little hip issue seems to be ok (knock on wood). A couple of weeks ago, I would have bet that Jackson dislocated his hip. Poor guy was in major pain after doing “number 2” in the yard. Every once in awhile, he'll kick his back legs afterwards. No big deal. We something obviously happened this time. Poor guy yelped for about 2 minutes before we got him stable. I took him to the vet and the vet said that it’s not dislocated but he’s had arthritis since he was born. Shocked us. There was no sign of it. If that is indeed the case, than arthritis makes him jump super high. They recommend cutting his femur bone (the ball part that attaches to his hip) off and they wanted to do it in 5 days. Of course, we’re not going to jump into a major operation, so we waited a couple of days. He was taking some anti-inflamatory and after a week, he’s fine. His leg totally looks like in a different spot, but he’s fine. We know something happened that day and it’s not something he was born with. What got us irked was that the vet was trying to force an operation for something that he obviously didn’t immediately need. So we’re crossing our fingers that he doesn’t re-injure it. It’s kind of sad taking the girls out for a wagon ride and seeing Jackson in the window looking at us. He loves his walks. We’ll eventually take him again (we did once already), we just want to make sure everything is healed.

Our ladies are having a great summer so far. They love love love being outdoors. They were outdoors at the Sandri’s Memorial Day party, at Katie and Kevin’s wedding shower, Nikki’s graduation party, Jonathan and Libby’s graduation party, Pat and Harold’s retirement party, weekends at Charlie and Megs, the Smith’s pool, and of course, Great America. They also love their little kiddie pool and walks around in their wagon.

It’s only July and there is still the whole summer left. Stay tuned! Hopefully it won’t take months for me to add more pictures.



Six Flags with the Raykiewiczs.

Girls are pretty mobile now. Mobile enough where we wouldn't worry about the below picture.


I love this pic. It's just Katy having a little moment with Madison.


Ok... We knew it was late, but we needed to have a funnel cake before we left. We didn't really know how tired the girls actually were until we saw this picture.



Ask the girls "How do you look at Uncle Charlie?" This is what you get.



Madison and Katy while we were visiting my dad during Father's day.


More Six Flags time. Do you like the "Super Girl" outfits they are in?


Spending time at Aunt Jodi's swimming in their baby pool. They love all pools. Melanie is in the back.



Katy taught Melanie how to yawn on cue. It's a cute parlor trick when we're out.


One of the days in the kiddie pool.



At Marina's baptism.

3 comments:

  1. about time for an update,it is amazing how they are changing, Melanie looks like Dad more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new summer post and seriously your girls are so adorable. I wish I could give them a big squeeze. What a great summer you’re all having. Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how I found your blog originally, but I have really enjoyed reading it. We had a daughter in Jan of '09 also. And several of our family members work at Great America. You may know them: Jay Pierce and Ben Pierce. Their sister Becca is going to work there this year too. Their parents Kathy and Don met at Great America. Anyway, I just wanted to suggest a vet in Lake Villa if you were still having issues with Jackson. She is very very good. It's called Canine Center and the phone number is 847-986-3644. Her name is Dr Barcus. I know, ironic huh? Anyway, have a good day. Steve

    ReplyDelete