Friday, April 16, 2010

Montana Trip, Part 5 - Hiking in Helena

We got to hike in Helena. Again, Paul and Kelly were extremely prepared for us that they had two extra child carrier backpacks. I've always wanted try one of those. Our friends, Nate and Tasha would carry their girls in those when we would go camping. They made it seem so easy. Little did we know that its not!

Although it was an extremely beautiful day out, it was pretty windy. That didn't help the "carrying a child on your back" situation. Honestly, after walking for only about 4 minutes slightly uphill, I was pretty tired. But after a little getting used to, I guess hiking was survivable. We definitely needed to take a couple of breaks. We'll considering that two hikers were not used to carrying their kids on their backs (Kate and I) and somebody who's 7-month's pregnant (Kelly). She's such a trooper.

Hiking was totally awesome for so many reasons. It was a beautiful day out. We were visiting a state that we have never been to. The scenery of Helena and the mountains was just gorgeous. I got to take some great pictures. We got in a good work-out. We had our little girls on our backs. The girls were enjoying every minute of it. We were with great friends.

Below are some pictures that I took.


Paul was carrying Elijah, Katy was carrying Melanie, and Kelly was carrying baby #2.


Paul giving Katy a hand up.


Al carrying Madison.


Kelly and Katy taking a well needed break.


The Connolly men!















The Connollys.

It was windy and Sunny.









Heading down to the car. Such great views.

No comments:

Post a Comment