Sunday, March 21, 2010

Month 13 Growth Pictures

I was thinking of how long that we're going to continue taking these monthly pictures. Maybe for another year, we'll see. You think it'll be embarrassing for the girls to be taking a month 60 growth picture?

Again, we find it more challenging every month we take these pictures. Month 13 definitely wasn't our best month. As usual, Madison is on the left and Melanie is on the right. What's funny is we have kept that position with more than just these pictures. Madison's crib is to the left. We always put her on the left side of the stroller (facing them). She is always on the left when we feed her at home in their high chairs. Are we strange?



And here they go.

Even bribing them with food doesn't work too well anymore.


See.... Maybe Gold Fish would have worked better. This was pretty much the last picture of the day.


Our good friends Kim and Sean gave the girls these neat onezies when they were born. We've been waiting for them to fit into them. Finally after a year, we got them on.


We've had a busy couple of weeks. I guess that's the usual thing now-a-days. One weekend, Katy's cousin, Kayla, had her dance recital. She's an extremely talented dancer and she had the lead role. Joe and Maryln came up from Dallas to watch. We even got to see Margo from Minnesota. Her daughter Anna was in her own production in Chicago and it happened to fall on the same weekend. Thanks Tom for the tickets. We hope we can do this every year!
We also had our first ER visit. I guess after 13 months, that isn't too bad. Both girls had slight fevers. That's been pretty normal since their teeth have been coming in. They both were getting over a cough and runny nose. But on Sunday, Madison just wasn't herself. After an hour of uncontrollable crying, we made a pediatrician appointment for the following morning. I say this a lot, but I am extremely lucky to have Katy as my wife. She is an excellent mother and I can't thank her enough for being such a great mother to the girls. Even though Madison is screaming at the top of he lungs for over half an hour, Katy is patiently able to hold and comfort her. It's almost like she doesn't even hear the baby screaming. All I know is I have trouble doing what Katy makes looks so easy.
Well Kate got Madison to stop crying and we put her to bed. This was after midnight. At 2 am in the morning, she got up again. Again, uncontrollable crying for almost 45 minutes. Sunday after midnight is such a bad time. No acute care/urgent care centers are open. So after debating if we could hold off a couple of hours until the pediatrician appointment, we took her in. Well Kate did, I stayed home with Melanie. After a couple of hours of uncontrollable crying, we knew something wasn't right. It was just so uncharacteristic for Madison and not being able to soothe her is even more uncharacteristic.
After 3 hours, Kate comes back with a prescription for some antibiotics for Madison's ear infection. I never had any ear infections growing up. Kate didn't either. She wasn't really grabbing her ear or anything, but I guess you don't need to. And of course, Melanie was grabbing her ear the next day. And of course, our doctor wouldn't write her a prescription even though we took Madison to the ER the day before, so we had to take Melanie in for an appointment. Surprise, surprise, she also has an ear infection we got a prescription for the same thing. We didn't even see a doctor but a nurse practitioner. And I guarantee that they are still going to charge us 135 dollars for that 2 minute visit.
The girls were fine after 2 days. They got to celebrate their Uncle Shawn's 40th birthday along with Mommy's birthday this past weekend at Aunt Meghan's and Uncle Charlies house.
Next week, we're all headed to Montana to visit our friends Kelly and Paul Connolly. Two 14 month olds on a plane. We're headed to Denver first for a quick layover and then to Helena. Crossing our fingers for an easy flight. First time on a plane. We'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. Priceless 13-month-old pics! I can't even get my 18-month-old to really take a picture anymore...way too busy! Have fun on your trip to Montana, and I'm glad the girls are feeling well again. :)Kelly

    ReplyDelete