Monday, November 30, 2009

Babies' First Thanksgiving

For the girls' first Thanksgiving we celebrated at my Grandma's house. Since Joe and Rupal were off on vacation in Puerto Rico, Al's mom joined us "up north". I think that she enjoyed her time with the girls. Eventhough she lives fairly close to us sometimes a few weeks go by before she gets to see them. Melanie was getting a little bit cranky since we skipped afternoon naps so she settled in with Grandma Delia and they both took a quick snooze.


Gary got to be the turkey carver. He did a great job and it was nice that my mom kept his shirt clean with this lovely towel bib. :)


Melanie just loves to play on her sister. This is Thanksgiving morning and she was using Madison's head to stand up. Then she hit Madison's head like it's a bongo drum. Madison just smiles and laughs at her sister.





My cousins were in town for the holiday. Audrey, who came in from Texas, is with Madison on the left. Anna, who goes to school in Chicago but originally from Minnesota, is with Melanie.


Nathan and Kayla are my other cousins and while they live right down the street from us, we don't always see each other regularly. Melanie loved playing with Kayla's hair. She was mesmorized by it for a little while, probably because my hair is never down.


Shame on my mother! I leave her alone with Madison for one second and out she comes with a rib bone in her mouth. This is a picture of Madison enjoying her rib bone.



This is Madison when I took away her rib bone.



All in all we had a nice Thanksgiving. It was good to see my cousins since we really only see them once every 3-5 years. It's good for the girls to meet as much family as possible.

One of the best things about Thanksgiving weekend for me was going to see New Moon. I recently got myself hooked to the Twilight series of books and read through all four in about 10 days. My cousins, Audrey and Anna joined me on Friday to go watch the newest movie. I enjoyed every second of it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun Thanksgiving and lots of Family time too. I dragged Simon to New Moon over the weekend as well, and I of course LOVED it. I'm not sure Simon was so thrilled about it but I'm glad he was willing to go with me.

    ReplyDelete